Top Reads of 2022!


It is hard to believe that 2022 is ending and we are entering a brand new year!  Honestly, I have not been very attentive to my blog in the last couple of years, but thank you all for stopping by and taking the time to read my posts.  Life is everchanging and so I have been busy training and working full time. This year, my blog will be 10 years old...unbelievable!!  At the end of each year, I like to share the top 10 blog posts that people are reading.   Again, I hope you find something that will be helpful to you and your students. 
Here are the top 10!!

10




I wished this post was not a yearly favorite, but I am glad school counselors can get some tips about how they can start reducing their stress. Now, if I will only follow my own advice!!

9



Why Students Dislike Their School Counselor

Okay, this post was written as a rant.  I was working with a group of disgruntled counselors who frankly... were making me sick.  All they were doing was fussing about their students and being negative.  My honest thought from listening to them was...no wonder kids don't like their counselors.  So, this is the origin of my post...

8


This has a been a popular post since it was written back when I first started my blog.  Everyone loves resources and this has been a great source for many school counselors.  Over the years, I am always refining this post...

7

Comfort Kits for Students Who Self Harm

This post has been popular for several years.  This post outlines what you can include in a student comfort kit for students who have self harming behaviors.

6



Coloring for Teens

Surprisingly, this post was not on the list last year, but has been pretty popular with school counselors.  This post was written as coloring became a popular activity in the school counseling office.  In this post, I share a lot of resources and sites for obtaining coloring resources for your counseling office.  

5



Back on the list this year is the post regarding self harm and the school counselor.  This can be a delicate subject for schools and school counselors are often expected to always know what to do.  Well, the reality is that we often sometimes don't know what to do!  Gleaning from my own experiences, I wrote this post for the clueless school counselor.  

4




Falling from #1 to #4 is this post.  Honestly, this post has caused some controversy over the last year.  As a school counselor, I am acknowledging that we have students who self identify as a furry, therian, or otherkin and I give some tips, based on the research at the time, on how school counselors can assist these students.    

3

School Counselor Bucket List

This post has been popular since I wrote it back in 2015 and lists some interesting activities you should consider as a school counselor.  I always give out a list of activities and love to see how my students accomplish them over the year.  Actually, the kids come up with some new ones for me each year. Also, you can always make your own list and post it for others to see!!

2


Again, stinky teens will always be with us. I have had some stinky kids this year and I actually go back and read this to remind myself what to do!!

 If you need help with students who have chronic hygiene issues, this post may help you with some strategies.

1



This post is back to #1 this year!  Who doesn't love forms and this post definitely delivers!!  This post contains over 1000 school counseling forms!!!

Well, there you have it....the top 10 for 2022.  I hope to continue sharing new resources, ideas, and information with you in 2023.  


Have a great 2023!!

Comments