Top 10 Posts from 2021



Happy New Year to all my high school counselor friends.  Again, we made it through another tough year. As always, thank you so much for reading my blog and giving me your support.  It is hard to believe that my blog has been around for nine years!  Unfortunately, I have been a little absent from writing and posting, but I hope to share as much as I can this upcoming year. At the end of each year, I like to share the top 10 blog posts of 2021.  Again, I hope you find something that will be helpful to you and your students. 

10


This post outlines the spring awareness campaigns for schools in the month of April.  Some events include alcohol awareness, Day of Silence, Safe prom and graduation, and youth violence awareness.

9

Orange and Blue: The Colors of Bullying Awareness

Another popular post this year was the bullying awareness campaigns for schools.  The two featured campaigns are Blue Shirt Day and Unity Day. 

8

School Counselor Bucket List

This post has been popular since I wrote it back in 2015 and lists some interesting activities you should consider as a school counselor.  Also, you can always make your own list and post it for others to see!!

7

Comfort Kits for Students Who Self Harm

Skipping the list last year, for the first time, this post has been popular for several years.  This post outlines what you can include in a student comfort kit for students who have self harming behaviors. 

6




The story behind this post comes after I was having a really bad day. In fact the week before I wrote this post, I experienced some pretty unsettling interactions with a colleague and I was feeling well, ticked. In this post, I describe why some students do not like their school counselor and how other school counselors can identify signs of counselor burnout. Again, I received a lot of "amens" from school counselors who realized they had a colleague in this phase of burnout.

5




Bitmoji has become an instant hit with school counselors and this post features tons of ideas from the Bitmoji for Educators site.  I highly recommend you check out that site if you love Bitmoji!!


4



This is second year in the row that school counselors have frequented this post about teen pregnancy and parental notification.  In this blog, I wrote about our ethical and legal obligations when informing parents of teen pregnancy.  If you have never faced this dilemma, you may find some helpful information.

3


Again, stinky teens will always be with us. If you need help with students who have chronic hygiene issues, this post may help you with some strategies.

2




Typically this has been the #1 post for the past six years.  Who doesn't love forms and this post definitely delivers!!  This post contains over 1000 school counseling forms!!!

1




Finally, we are now at #1!!  Making the list for the first time is my post regarding students who identify as furries, therians, and otherkins.  Often these students feel overlooked and this post identifies how to help these students.  

Well, there you have it....the top 10 for 2021.  I hope to continue sharing new resources, ideas, and information with you in 2022.  


Have a great New Year!!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment