Top 10 Posts from 2020


Happy News Year's Eve to all you hard working school counselors out there.  I know for many of you that this has been a tough year. The good news is that you have made it to the end and we can all say goodbye to 2020!  Thank you so much for reading my blog and giving me your support.  Since 2013, I like to reflect back on my blog and those posts that school counselors found to be helpful.  As we end the year, I would like to share the top 10 blog posts of 2020.  As always, I hope you find something that will be helpful to you and your students.  




Red Ribbon Week: Ideas for High School Counselors

An oldie, but goodie.  This post from 2015 gives school counselors tips on how to put together a Red Ribbon Week campaign on the fly.  One thing I really like about this post is that it has a ton of resources. 






Tips for Surviving Covid-19 Education By Implementing Trauma Informed Communities

My last post of 2020 made the top 9.  The content of this post came from trauma informed educator, Darby Munroe.  Darby gives six tips of how educators can create trauma informed communities in their schools during the pandemic.  Here's a bonus...the post includes Darby's webinar and a lot of great resources for all educators. 



100 free or Low cost Online Professional Development During Social Isolation


Another Covid-19 related post was popular this year.  In this article, I share some free and low cost online professional development opportunities for school counselors.  There are tons of additional resources for school counselors who are still virtual.  





This is the first time this post has made it to the top 10.  I must say there is a lot of great information from experts in our field regarding our ethical and legal obligations when informing parents of teen pregnancy.  If you have never faced this dilemma, you may find some helpful information.  



Strategies for School Counselors During a Shutdown

One of my earlier posts for 2020 as the nation began to shutdown from Covid-19. In this post I share online counseling strategies during an emergency.  Keep this in your back pocket in case you need it in the future.  




Ideas for Creating a Virtual Counseling Office

We are half-way through our countdown for 2020.  This post actually comes from 2016.  Back in 2016, I was working as a counselor in an online school.  Unfortunately, there was little to no guidance on what how to establish your counseling office online.  Therefore, I decided to share with other counselors I made it work for my students.  I talk about tools, setting up your hours, setting up a virtual space, and much more.  




School Counselor Bucket List for Seniors

This post has been quite popular since I wrote it back in 2015.  Who doesn't love a good bucket list?  This article gives school counselors 100 ideas of items seniors should do before they graduate.  As a side note, I included my bucket list as well. 



Ideas for Creating a Virtual Counseling Office

This post capitalizes on the Bitmoji craze that has swept the education landscape over the last year.  I was totally excited to share lots of resources on how school counselors can create their own Bitmoji virtual office.  



Axe Won't Cover It All! Teen Hygiene Issues

Apparently, many of you have a lot of stinky teens out there because this post has consistently been in the top 10 since 2015.  I struggled with this issue with a lot of my students and thought I would share some insight with other school counselors.  



The Ultimate List of School Counseling Forms

Finally we made it to #1 and I am not surprised this post took the top spot.  In fact, this article has been in #1 for many years since its inception in 2015.  I think this one is so popular because it contains over 1000 forms for school counselors to use or modify.  My plan is to update this post in 2021!!

Well, there you have it....my top 10 for 2020.  I hope to continue sharing new resources, ideas, and information with you in 2021.  Have a great New Year!!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article "Top 10 Posts from 2020" provides an engaging and informative overview of the most popular content from the blog over the past year. I appreciated how the author included a diverse range of topics, from college admissions to mental health, and provided a brief summary of each post.

    I would like to share a mental health IOS App. Its also helpful for people who are searching Online counseling App. Relationship counselling app

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment