For High School Counselors: My Top 10 Blog Posts from 2016



 Well 2016 has finally come to an end and I am looking forward to writing many new posts for 2017.  At the end of each year, I like to share my 10 top blog posts for the year.  Please enjoy!

Check out my blog post about some of the most unique Red Ribbon ideas that I could find.  This post discusses the connection between drugs and terrorism, how to truly educate your faculty and staff about teen drug use, and gives you lots of tips on how to create some of the most "out of the box" activities for your RRW celebration.


Although this post is almost four years old (yikes), it still has a lot of great tech tools to incorporate in your counseling practice. 
 

One of my latest blog post that shares how to create a comfort kit for students who self harm.  I got this information from the Georgia School Counselor Conference and had to share!








In this post, I share some tips on how to reduce end of the year stress during the craziest time of the year. Hint, exercise and music are part of answer!




Need tips to help students who have hygiene issues?  This blog gives some of the best tips I have discovered as a school counselor.


Need comforting and stress reducing tips for your students? Try coloring!  This blog post provides you with information to free and low cost options for your students. 



This blog post was written to help school counselors who feel they do not have the knowledge or experience to assist students who self harm.  I try to provide lots of information, resources, and training suggestions.  


I really enjoyed writing this blog post about some fun things you should consider doing for your seniors before they graduate.

 Do you need a counseling website or resource?  Well, this post has everything and it continues to grow!  If you have an additional resource to add, please let me know!!


And now....





Yes, this post really has over 1,000 forms that you can use, modify, and borrow.  It is a great resource for any school counselor.
Looking forward to giving you more information, resources, and ideas in 2017!!

Comments