12 Practical Tips for Dealing With Challenging Parents


Last week I had the honor of presenting at the Georgia School Counseling Association Region Four Meeting in Athens, Ga.  In a survey of school counselors across our region, a large number of them ranked dealing with difficult and high conflict parents as one of their top concerns.  In my presentation, I wanted to offer some practical tips for school counselors to take back to their schools.  In this post, I wanted to share the 12 practical tips that I gave my colleagues during that presentation and I hope you find them helpful too!






One method of  educating parents is to create a brochure to distribute at the beginning of the school year.  







Resources

Dealing With Angry Parents 

One Stop Counseling Shop: Tricks and Tips for Dealing With Difficult Parents

Train Your Secretary to Deal With Difficult Parents 

Seven Solutions for Working with Parents 

Comments