Using Remind as a Counseling Tool



Remind, a free messaging service, is usually thought of as a tool just for teachers, but it can be a helpful tool for high school counselors.  Although I use email, Twitter, and our website to send messages, I believe I missed a large number of my students by ignoring text messaging. Recently, I began sending Remind messages to my students and parents regarding events, meetings, registration, class information, and so much more. 

If you haven't used Remind, here is a great tutorial to help you use this great tool.

Sign up for Remind

What is Remind?



Remind Tutorial

Using Stamps

Stamps are a way to get instant feedback on your messages.  Some of the usages of stamps include:

  • Taking attendance for a parent night, conference,  or meeting.
  • Gauge parent involvement
  • Test student knowledge about information.
  • Vote on professional development
  • Advertise scholarships
Example of a stamp

Are you using Remind?  If so, what creative ways are you using it as part of your practice?

Comments